Thinking about creating your own software product? Rarely does a non-IT business have enough internal resources to cope with this task? Hence, it is necessary to find a reliable contractor. Decius, a well-established custom software development company, will be an excellent choice. Experts consider all the wishes of the customer. The team includes engineers who work with all programming languages and modern technologies.
What is PDLC (Product Development Lifecycle)?
The life stages of each software product can be roughly divided into main stages:
• Introductory stage or preparatory stage;
• Stage of growth;
• Stage of maturity;
• Stage of decline.
Software Development Methodologies
When building any methodology, the stages of project development are taken into account. You can find them out by answering the question of what is SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle). In short, this includes periods of work such as
• Requirements analysis;
• Software design, such as architectural design;
• Software development;
There are many schemes of work when creating. BY. Moreover, all of them can be grouped into general classes. First, let’s discuss what is waterfall model in software engineering. Having learned its advantages and disadvantages, you can proceed to the question of what is an agile model in software engineering. You may also check Agile Certification Training to gain more in-depth knowledge regarding the topic.
This type is already viewed obsolete. It is used exclusively for very small, simple and straightforward apps. Stages:
• Preparation includes collecting and processing claims. There is also a preliminary planning of the stages of work, timing, resources and cost.
• Software engineering includes obtaining technical assignments and developing specifications. The contractor receives a documentary statement of the requirements and makes plans for the work.
• Next comes the development for configuration.
• Creation of design consists of obtaining graphic layouts, visual forms, development of interfaces. Creation of an individual style.
• Coding is writing source code.
• Testing is checking the program for compliance with all the requirements for it.
• Documentation is the transfer of accumulated knowledge to users and other developers.
04 Technical support support consists of software implementation and user training. It is also important to provide support for the product. This service includes bug fixes and user support.
What is the Agile Model?
A flexible development cycle allows you to change the direction of activities without negative consequences, to introduce additional tasks, and to require a detailed study of bottlenecks. Building software with Agile involves small iterations. Short cycles or sprints are small projects and take one to four weeks. At the end of a separate productive period, an analysis is carried out and reorientation to new tasks of the next cycle. The number of sprints can be any.
An agile development cycle consists of the following stages:
• Planning includes setting sprint goals and choosing actions to implement them, as well as allocating available resources.
• Development for configuration is a practical solution to problems to achieve the goals of the sprint.
• The build quality of the product is determined by testing. There is an accumulation of summary information in order to control the implementation of the sprint tasks. Analysis of errors and reasons for deviations from the plan is important. We are looking for ways to fix errors.
• Project manager implies demonstration and presentation of the finished software part to the customer.
• On request, it is possible to use the software as an independent product.
The use of a flexible cycle is justified in large projects, stretched out in time, with constant changes in user requirements. It is also good in other cases where precise planning is not possible. The cascade cycle is suitable for small projects with well-defined requirements and the presence of specialists with the necessary qualifications.
Work on Agile is carried out, as a rule, for a lower price and with portioned delivery of ready-made blocks. A waterfall cycle involves a large fixed payment for the final product, often without showing intermediate results. All this you can get by