Title: Third Party Litigation Claims Intern
Time Frame: Summer 2024 6/3/24 to 8/9/24
Work Location: Remote
Relocation Available: No, this is a remote only intern position.
Is this internship open to international hires? Yes
Join TruStage (formerly CUNA Mutual Group) at our corporate headquarters in Madison, WI or from any remote location in the United States as a Third-Party Litigation Claim Intern!
TruStage has received numerous awards for being a top place to work:
TruStage awards and recognition
This role is designed to provide hands on experience to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards of the TruStage Third Party Litigation Claim department within our Business Protection Unit. Candidates will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. The Claims Team is responsible for delivering on our promises to our insureds.
You will work closely with your hiring manager to determine your daily tasks, which could include issuing defense counsel payments, conducting legal bill reviews, reviewing claim files, contacting credit union insureds regarding deductible payments, and observing pretrial calls and virtual mediations. You will be able to network with outside nationwide defense attorneys that we partner with as well.
Candidates will assist members of the Third-Party Litigation and Programs teams with key claim initiatives and projects. This role requires critical attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, self-motivation, and resourcefulness to solve problems and answer questions. The ideal candidate will have business and/or legal course work with a desire to move into an insurance career after graduation.
Special projects within the department are varied are varied and could focus on payment of indemnity and expenses, Lean and Agile based meetings, spreadsheet creations and updates, presentations, and event management, to name a few. The goal of special projects it to help provide overall exposure to Claims and aid as needed.
- Communicate with customers and/or representatives, providing information, options and taking the necessary action as needed.
- Conduct research on projects/files that require in-depth study and analysis.
- Gather and organize data for reports/projects.
- Compose correspondence, emails.
- Prepare written reports/projects.
- Resolves problems and/or issues.
- Attend and participate in meetings.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Working towards a relevant degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent communications skills
- Intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
- Preferred candidate is interested in attending law school or currently enrolled in a legal study program.
- Insurance claims experience is a plus but not required.
- Prior insurance related course work a plus.
- No licenses or designations are required.
- Strong computer (MS Office—Word, Excel, Outlook), analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must as well as intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality are required.
- Must be able to think, act, and prioritize in a pressured, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
Compensation may vary based on the level of relevant experience, year in school, and number of previous internships.
Compensation may vary based on level of relevant experience, year in school and number of previous internships.
Base Salary Range:
$18.00 – $28.00
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.
At TruStage, we’re on a mission to make a brighter financial future accessible to everyone. We put people first, and work hand in hand with employees and customers to create a diverse and inclusive environment. Passionate about building insurance, investment and technology solutions, we push the boundaries of what’s possible. We need you to help us shape what’s next. You’ll be encouraged to share your experiences, ideas and skills to help others take control of their financial future. If you’re ready to help make a difference, apply today.
TruStage is a place where everyone can bring their best self and thrive. If you need application or interview process accommodations, please let us know at – talentacquisition